Email Scam Alert
Be Fraud Aware! Reports have been made to FraudSMART that an email scam is currently at large. The scam comes in the form of an email pertaining to be your Bank asking for confirmation of your personal and financial details in order to comply with Anti Money Laundering Regulations.
Be Alert! This is not a legitimate email.
- Do not respond to any email asking for financial, personal or security information unless you independently verify that the email came from the company it claims to be from.
- Never give away security details, such as your PIN or full online banking password to anyone.
- Never click on a link or attachment in an email until you have verified it is from the source it says it is from.
- If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
- Be suspicious if asked for card / security details via email. Remember card issuers and Banks will never ask for full account, card, PIN or security credentials