FraudSMART has launched our new TV advert alerting customers to fake text messages pretending to be your bank.
Never click on links in text messages.
- Banks will only ever ask you to reply to text messages with ‘Y’ or ‘N’.
- Never to click on links or give personal or financial information.
- Do not clink on a link or attachment from unsolicited emails or text messages.
- If you think you have responded to a scam text message, contact your bank immediately.
- Contact your bank using the number on the back of your debit / credit card.
- Numbers in a text message as this could be a fake number.
- Never give away personal information, bank card payment details, bank account details or security details such as your PIN or online password to anyone.